This course is suitable for participants who work in Pubs, Hotels, Restaurants and Cafes, Contract Catering, Fast Food, Hospitals, Care environments, Mobile Food Vans and Schools, or anywhere where food or drinks are prepared, cooked or served
The Safer Food Handler is an official Level 2 Award in Food Safety, delivered on-line with options for Catering, Retail or Manufacturing. It is suitable for anyone working where food or drinks are prepared, cooked or served. Also known as the Basic Food Hygiene Certificate, it is fully accredited by Qualifi, nationally recognised by OFQUAL (the official regulator) and the syllabus is approved by UK Environmental Health Officers.
The options are:
- Catering - Choose this course if you work in Pubs, Hotels, Restaurants and Cafes, Contract Catering and Fast Food outlets, Hospitals, Care environments, mobile food vans and Schools
- Retail - Choose this course if you work in Supermarkets, Convenience Stores or any business with frozen, chilled and hot food display counters
- Manufacturing - Choose this course if you work in larger food or drink manufacturing environments that include metal detection and/or moving production lines. EHO guidance for smaller manufacturers not using these processes is to choose the Catering version.
This workshop covers:
- Food safety hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment