As the engineering sector progresses faster than university degrees can be modified, an Apprenticeship in Engineering is quickly becoming the best and most popular route to achieve skilled status as an engineer.
What can we offer?
- Assessors and trainers with extensive industry experience
- Many specialised pathways at Level 3
- EAL and City & Guilds Approved SkillCentres
- Free minibus service to the Greater Manchester SkillCentre
- On-site subsidised canteen and social learning zones
Who could you work for?
We have placed Apprentices with a range of employers including:
- Torkington Engineers
- Trinity Mirror
- Crest Engineering Company
What will you do?
The activities of an Engineering Apprentice do vary enormously but include activities such as:
- Producing mechanical engineering drawings using computer-aided design
- Welding, fabrication and using other engineering applications
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical developments
- Estimating costs and timescales of engineering projects
- Advanced machining and maintenance
Take a look at what it's like to train at Greater Manchester SkillCentre:
Apprentice Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer | Oldham | £11440
As an Apprentice Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer you'll maintain, fault find, breakdown repair and rectify components and assemblies from printing machinery and associated equipment throughout the plant.More Details
Apprentice Service Engineer (Electro/Mechanical) | Manchester | £8840
The Apprentice will train to become a skilled Installation and Maintenance Engineer gaining extensive knowledge of the full range of Advanced Beverage Dispensing Machines.More Details
Apprentice Sheet Metal and Fabrication | Tameside | £7280
An opportunity to join a successful expanding company as a Trainee Sheet Metal and Fabrication Engineer.More Details
Apprentice Technical Support Engineer | Salford | £7800
An Engineering based role, learning to become a uniquely skilled Engineer gaining extensive practical and theoretical technical knowledge across the complete range of commercial and manufacturing engineering processes for all company products.More Details
Apprentice Fabrication Technician | Oldham | £11440
An excellent opportunity has arisen at a fast growing, highly successful Engineering company for a Fabrication/Sheet Metal Worker Apprenticeship.More Details
Apprentice Maintenance Engineer (Electro/Mechanical Maintenance) | Tameside | £9126
An excellent opportunity to become a uniquely qualified highly skilled engineer in a world wide industry with bespoke machinery and process knowledge.More Details