About this opportunity
We have a requirement for Assistant Project Engineers to join our new expanding Central regional office. The employer has taken on several apprentices in the past so knows how to nurture and offer the correct support.
This role is predominantly associated with assisting the Engineering team on completing duties directly related to issues in the field. The role will be split between site and office work and provides varied day to day duties and responsibilities.
You will be rewarded by working for a growing company serving the rapidly growing housebuilding sector who are a Top 100 Apprenticeship Employer (2014 National Apprenticeship Awards). JLES has recently been awarded with Sub-Contractor of the year in 2016 in the Housebuilder Awards. Our successful teams are rewarded with foreign trips (skiing, Ibiza, etc.). If you are interested in business and not just construction then this is the ideal opportunity for you. You will be involved in all aspects of the business from engineering solutions to pricing and profit analysis and this opportunity could lead to you becoming a Chartered Engineer or Business Leader within our group of companies. We want people who have drive, ambition, personality and the desire to succeed and overcome challenges. We view this as an adventure and reward hard work with hard play at the end of the day.
A normal day would include:
• Assist the Project Engineering team in reporting to the client.
• Assisting the team with key projects issues as directed by the Line Manager.
• Assist the Project Engineering team in the management of consultants and contractors.
• Site inspections with Engineering team and adopting authority.
• Seeking quotations from Sub-Contractors.
• Cost analysis / Tender evaluation of Sub-contractors.
• Works under close supervision to achieve time, cost & quality in all assignments.
• Liaising and Managing Sub-contractors to complete works.
• Liaisons with various Local Authorities / Chasing Adoption Certification from Local Authorities.
• On site supervision of Stage 3 site works.
• Flexible where possible in role & team contribution.
What you could go on to do a HNC.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Skills Company.
What you should have to apply
If you don’t have grade C GCSE in maths and English you will do functional skills whilst attending the training centre.
• Energy and enthusiasm.
• Confidence and ambition.
• Desire to succeed and progress in career.
• Contribution to team effort as well as individual tasks.
• Positive attitude.
• Math’s & English GCSE Grade C or above (preferably).
• Willing to learn about Project Engineering / Civil Engineering principles.
• Understanding of current industry trends (not essential).
• Excellent communication skills.
• AutoCAD skills (not essential).
• Microsoft Office Competent.