About this opportunity
Insurance is an incredibly diverse marketplace with a rich history of helping people and businesses assess the risks they could face. Insurance allows us to operate secure knowing that, should the worst happen, we will have the support we need.
A normal day would include:
· Responsible for the delivery of the Accounting & Settlement (A&S) financial targets for designated Bus, through building and maintaining excellent relationships with Accounting Teams and Stakeholders.
· To maximise cash flow to meet carrier settlement terms and/or client settlement requirements, reduce exposure and enhance customer service.
· Responsible for managing the accounting relationship with designated key customers and/or service providers, acting as a focal point for queries
and escalated matters from the Accounting Team and Stakeholders.
· Ensure on going relationships whilst providing a simple and clear liaison between Business units, Ipswich and Mumbai A&S teams
· Provide a strong visibility in the business units and external customer engagement, working with all parties to facilitate resolution of issues and queries
· Facilitate regular meetings with the BU, where possible on a face to face basis
· Be visible in the BU and be proactive on outstanding issues
· Remain vigilant and responsive to urgent activity, ensuring appropriate escalation into Senior Manager and the BU
· Have a clear understanding and knowledge of KPIs and business operational metrics applicable to your assigned business unit and track progress against these
· Proactively manage designated complex client / carrier accounts in conjunction with the Account Controller; promptly identify and resolve issues within the agreed timeframe. Be the primary A&S contact for key issues that affect the client / carrier where BU assistance is required. Maintain regular contact with the Account Controller to agree next actions and who owns the action
· Oversight and management of Bad Debts, hands-on resolution to reduce B&DD position
· Maintain sight of and assist with the removal of any funding positions
· Identify opportunities for process improvements and assist with
What you should have to apply
96 UCAS points (2017 tariff) across 3 A levels or equivalent qualifications
Applicants must be authorised to work on a full-time basis in the country in which the role is located without sponsorship.
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Superior and clear communication, with excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable direct negotiation of challenging and difficult issues at organisational levels
· Strong impact and influence skills, including the ability to remotely influence others to meet agreed targets ·
Clear understanding of escalation procedures and effective business communication routes ·
Good ability to plan and manage personal workload efficiently and effectively, correctly evaluation importance and prioritising accordingly
· Good working knowledge of internal and external processes
· Ability to identify opportunities for improvements to practices and procedures · Experience of query and issue resolution
· Proficient use of standard office applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.