About this opportunity
Kiddi Days Private Day Nursery are looking for an apprentice to assist the office administrators manage general office duties to ensure the company processes run smoothly. You will assist the nursery managers with correspondence from all clients.
A normal day would include:
• Administrative duties, including mailing and filing correspondence, preparing payrolls, placing orders, and answering calls from parents and other external/internal stakeholders.
• Interactions with customers, visitors, and suppliers
• Sorting and distributing incoming mail
• Typing correspondence, meeting notes, and chasing unpaid fees/payment via phone calls
• Photocopying and scanning appropriate documents
• Maintaining accurate records and entering data
• Assisting with organising events when necessary
• Conducting research
• Signing for delivered packages and distributing them to the appropriate recipient
• Interacting with director and managers when necessary
• Assisting in setting up new client accounts
• Maintaining financial database records
• Maintaining stock of supplies by anticipating work requirements, ordering supplies, and distributing supplies where necessary to nurseries
• Answering customer questions, redirecting calls, taking customers enquires and booking parent visits when necessary
Kiddi Days Private Day Nursery was established in 2006 and has grown from having one nursery to four different nurseries across Manchester.
What you could go on to do: Become a permanent office assistant/clerk.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by the Department and also The Growth Company to help the successful candidate achieve their apprenticeship and reach their full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
GCSE A-C/4-9 in maths and English or equivalent
Enthusiastic and reliable
Ability to work as part of a team
Excellent customer care skills
Exceptional communication skills
Ability to maintain a strict level of confidence
Attention to detail
Problem solving skills
Excellent organisational skills
Ability to prioritize efficiently
Knowledge of basic office management procedures
Good time management skills