About this opportunity
Homespace Direct Ltd is a wholesaler and online retailer of soft furnishings. They are looking for an apprentice to join their small, but rapidly expanding team. The role will develop over time but initially will focus on listing.
A normal day would include
Preparing new products for listing on various channels ensuring 100% accuracy and giving all relevant information.
However, the role will grow to include some of the following elements over the course of the apprenticeship:
• Processing customer returns
• Completing end of day order dispatching and checking
• Liaising with pickers
• Answering customer queries via email and telephone regarding order queries and product information
• Checking supplier invoices ensuring the correct prices have been charged
• Liaising with suppliers regarding products and deliveries
• Using Excel to analyse data
• Writing accurate product descriptions to load on to selling platforms such as Ebay, Amazon, and own website
• Editing photos as and when necessary
This is a role that would be perfect for someone as their first job as it will focus on one task initially (listings) and gradually grow to encompass more as you become more confident.
As you learn more about the business and its processes, you will be involved in the areas of margin reporting, researching new products and platforms, and look at areas such as operational efficiency, looking at keywords and what drives sales.
What you could go on to do:
There is a long-term career available for the right person within this company with lots of progression opportunities.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
Minimum of 5 GCSEs grade A-C/4-9 including maths and English
Someone who would like to start and learn about the business and develop as the business grows over time
Bright with good attention to detail
Good ICT skills
Organised with can do attitude