About this opportunity
Arden Dies have an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work in Engineering as a Die Maker/Pattern Maker apprentice.
As an apprentice Die Maker, you will train to manufacture Cutting & Creasing tools used to convert printed carton and corrugated sheets into the customers Packaging designs.
• Studies customer drawings & specifications such as CAD drawings, or descriptions, and visualize product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
• Computes dimensions customers tooling layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations, following operating procedures supplied.
• Calibrate material specified on each works order, measuring stock prior to starting production.
• Sets up and operates machine tools such as Auto rule processors, grinding, chamfering, linnishing and grinding machine.
• Verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications and working tolerances.
• Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
• Examines standard dies, tools
• Manufacture product to pre-agreed specifications & general descriptions for specialty tools and design of product.
What you should have to apply
Preferably candidate would have secured exam grades in GCSE (A-C), including English, Maths and a Science, and preferably a practical Engineering or Joinery qualification.
The following qualities are required:
Ability to demonstrate a flexible, personable and professional attitude, whilst working as part of a team
Applicants must have a good temperament, be polite and courteous
Communication / Interpersonal skills – Ability to communicate in a confident manner with staff at all levels
Applicants must be pro-active in their approach
Full Training will be provided in relation to the principle responsibilities, however the following skills would be beneficial:
ability to work in hands on shop floor role interest in wide range of engineering manufacturing processes
be able to work in busy team environment, capable of working to targets and deadlines
verbal and written communication skills, must be comfortable with computer based work
must be able to demonstrate high level of technical competence in Maths
attention to detail in interpreting manufacturing information and working to high quality standards.